More pages

2.18.2011

One

Nope, not one embryo. One egg. Well, actually one single solitary follicle (or cyst...). Just like the previous three ivf's. Same e2 level too. The difference, for whatever it's worth, is that it's on left side. The side with a tube. However, Mr.ebc's morphology on his SA a few weeks ago came back at zero. It's been low always, but never zero.

What a shitty combo, eh?

Our options (that's a loose term) are: 1) go to retrieval (this is the one our doc is actually pulling for)--this gives us the best chance for fertilization with his sample, and if they get in there a find it's a cyst as usual, well, then it won't have mattered anyways OR 2) do an iui--this removes the possibility of losing the egg from ivf processing risks, but since his sample likely can't penetrate anything, it makes the chance of getting fertilized slim to none OR 3) drink myself into oblivion and find a good looking stranger. No wait, that's not really an option I suppose (welcome to an announced filter free friday thought...).  Or doc claims he's seen one egg retrievals succeed. After briefly playing the "what if" game (my favorite), I guess we'll head to retrieval. At least I get the good drugs going that route. You're welcome to provide your input or vote as well.

Whatever happens, this is our last ivf with our parts. And barring a miracle, our last shot at a biological kiddo together. That sobering thought in itself demands the good drugs.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your options are so limited, but it sounds like there's still a chance? I like the drinking yourself into oblivion part... but maybe stay away from strangers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!!!!!! GRRRRRR! I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say. But I'll be thinking of you and hoping that things do work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sh*t. This sucks. I'm sorry. People do get pregnant on natural cycle IVFs (only one egg), so you never know. Just hope that spermy can fertilize. This is so hard. I'm sorry (again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I'm so sorry. It could certainly still work, but I understand how hard it is getting that news. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell that's not much of a choice is it? But one is still a whole lot better than none! I will keep you in my thoughts, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete